Bridge Training Programs of Ontario
Ontario Canada’s website (www.ontarioimmigration.ca) provides a good resource list for Bridge Training Programs for (ITP’s) Internationally Trained Professionals. The website lists both regulated and non-regulated professions. Regulated professions are defined as those occupations in Canada that require a license in order to enter the profession while the Non-Regulated ones do not require any licensing.
Bridge training programs help qualified internationally trained individuals move quickly into the labour market in Ontario. They assess your existing skills and competencies, compared to Ontario employer expectations. They provide training and Canadian workplace experience without duplicating what you have already learned.
Some bridge training programs offer mentoring opportunities with established professionals to help you become certified or registered in your field.
Each bridge training program is different and may provide you with:
- An assessment of your education and skills
- Clinical or workplace experience
- Skills training or targeted academic training programs
- Preparation for a licence or certification examination
- Language training for your profession or trade
- Individual learning plans to identify any added training you may need
For a detailed list of Bridge Training Programs in all professions, please visit :
Ontario Immigration – Bridge Training Programs